How to Care for Curly Human Hair Wig to Achieve Stunning Effect
Dec 26,2023 | OhMyPretty
Curly human hair wig care is a difficult and troublesome step for many wig wearers. In this blog, we will give you detailed answers to wig care questions, including wig cleaning, wig management, wig care, three main aspects.
Basic knowledges of human hair wigs
Human hair wig will be more fragile than synthetic hair, want to human hair wig has been maintained in a good, shiny state, we need careful care, and often take care of, in normal times to properly store the wig, in order to ensure the life of the wig, so that the wig longer for you. Here is some basic knowledge of human hair wig as a wig beginner.
- Human hair is a wig made by collecting human hair, and burning the wig hair with a lighter will give off the odor of burning protein, which is the easiest way to identify real human hair.
- OMP's wigs are 100% real human hair, and not inferior real hair, is selected from the virgin hair without any treatment, without any ironing and dyeing, will be smoother and shinier.
- Curly hair is more complicated than straight hair, but if you have a certain method, curly hair can also show the same effect as the styling done by the barber shop.
- Human hair wig hair is relatively fragile, lace is relatively thin, we need careful care and storage, in order to keep in good condition.
- Human hair wig will be more expensive than synthetic wig, but it does not mean that the cost-effective is low, on the contrary, the service life of human hair is as long as 1-2 years, which is the most cost-effective choice.
How to clean the human hair wig
1. Prepare warm water and fill the sink with water. The water temperature should be moderate, not too hot.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of human hair wig shampoo to hot water and stir well.
3. Thoroughly soak the human hair wig in water and shake it gently to allow the shampoo to penetrate into the hair and remove dirt.
4. When re-washing, you can reduce the amount of shampoo, or increase or decrease the amount of shampoo depending on how dirty the wig is.
5. Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water to remove the shampoo.
6. Use a conditioner specifically designed for human hair wigs, and apply it evenly from root to tip, focusing on the hairline and tips.
7. Rinse the wig thoroughly with water and drain excess water.
8. Comb the wig with your favorite conditioner and gently brush the strands with your fingers. 9. Finally, wipe off excess water with a towel and hang the wig on a hook to air dry in a well-ventilated place. Please be careful not to use a hair dryer.
How to manage curly human hair wig
When the wig is sent to your hands, the express packaging and long-term transportation may cause some effect on the shape of the wig, so the wig will appear to have no video effect on the social media. By properly caring for your wig using the methods below, you can keep it moist and shiny. However, you should also remember to maintain and care for your wig regularly to keep it in good condition.
Step 1：Spray the hair with water: First, lightly spray your wig with water to evenly moisten your strands from root to tip. This will prepare you for the next step of moisturizing.
Step 2：Use a moisturizing spray: Next, use a moisturizing spray and spray it all over the wig. Be especially careful with the ends of your hair, which tend to dry out easily.
Step 3：Use a mousse: Using a mousse is a very important step if you want to maintain the curl effect and keep your wig wet and shiny. Apply mousse evenly to the wig to give it a wet, shiny effect.
Step 4：Comb the hair: Comb your wig with a suitable comb, preferably a wide-toothed comb, to prevent hair from falling out. Be sure to apply it evenly to restore the curl of your wig.
How to store the human hair wig
1.Practical wig holder: Place the wig on the wig holder to maintain its shape and prevent tangling. A wig holder or head mold should be used to support the wig upright. This helps maintain the style and shape of the wig while allowing air circulation.
2. Cover your wig: To protect your wig from dust, cover it with a breathable wig cap or hairnet. Avoid using plastic bags or other non-breathable materials as they can trap moisture and damage your wig.
3. Store in a cool and dry place: To store your wig, please find a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Avoid storing your wig in areas with rapid temperature fluctuations, such as attics or basements. Heat and humidity can cause your hair to frizz and lose its shape.
4. Avoid pressure and weight: When storing your wig, be careful of pressure and weight that can flatten or deform the hair. Avoid placing heavy objects on top of your wig or storing it in a way that flattens or tangles the hair.
The above is the wig cleaning and care of the basic methods, according to the above methods carefully take care of your wig, wig can ensure that every day like new, the correct care will extend the life of the wig, make your money more worthwhile.